Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Skewers Recipe
This best summer recipe is loaded with peppers, fresh pineapple, and tender beef that are marinated with the very best homemade Hawaiian teriyaki sauce!
Servings 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinade Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1/4 red onion (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1. Prepare the Teriyaki Sauce:
Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ground ginger together into a bowl
2. Marinade Ingredients:
Combine marinade and beef into a gallon sized plastic bag, squeeze out excess air, and seal. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag once or twice in between.
3. Prepping the Grill:
Preheat for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
4. Prepare Metal or Soaked Skewers:
Alternatively thread beef, pineapple, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper
5. Cooking Instructions:
Grill skewers (covered) for 10 -15 minutes. Turn occasionally until the meat is done to your liking.
Per serving: 277 calories, 12.9g fat, 19.7g carbohydrates, 20.2g protein, 725g sodium
- You can also place skewers over brown rice to add some healthy grains.
- For an even healthier option, substitute beef with chicken.
- Before adding the beef to your marinade, you can keep 1/4 cup of the sauce to baste your skewers after grilling.
- Use aluminum foil to keep food moist and ensure it cooks evenly. It also makes cleaning up that much easier.